Monday 14 May 2012

Evaluation

I have been researching photographers to get ideas for my project and decode how to create my multiple image. I mostly got inspired but Paul M. Smith but i also found another photographer that inspired me. The photographers name is Sarah Ann Loreth and the picture of hers that inspired me is this one :
I believe that there is more that one way to create this photo and the ghost - like effect. She had either used slow shutter speed and just walked from one place to the other, which would mean that where she's blurred, she just stood there for few seconds, whereas where you can see her perfectly clear she stood there for way longer than in the other positions.
She also could have taken the photographs for each position she's standing in and then developed it and layered it in Photoshop using the photograph with her standing in the middle as a background photo. The she would have turned the opacity of the other layers down to create the ghostly effect.

What inspired my in this image is the mysterious mood it has, and what makes it even more mysterious is the location where the picture is taken. It looks like its a hall way of an old school or abandoned hospital. The dark corridor and the low light coming form the dirty windows along the hall make the image look scary, which goes with the ghost theme that in my opinion artist was trying to create. There aren't many colors in the picture but that makes the girl in the photo stand out even more, even though it seems like she was trying to blend in wearing white dress, which goes with the windows and covering her face with her black hair which fit in with the dark sealing and the wall at the end of the corridor. The composition in this picture is mean to be specious as she's not really at the fore ground or the background, she's precisely in the middle which gives us enough room to look at the old broken floor and kind of see the background through the blurred silhouette.

Unfortunately when i found this photographer and her photo I had already done my multiple image and there was no more time to create a new one. It doesn't bother me too much because I was quite happy with my final photo. Whereas it is still something I would like to have a go at doing in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment