Friday 17 February 2012

Multiple Images Research

Paul M. Smith

I my research I looked at the photographer called Paul M. Smith and I found inspirational photographs of his. One that I really liked was one form album on his website called 'Artist Rifles' and the photo is:


Inspiration
What I like about this photo is that has one model but he's playing different characters.

Theme
The background in the picture looks quite peaceful even though the theme of it is war.

Lighting
When Paul took these pictures outside I suppose he must have used a reflector to get the lighting in the picture right so that it looks realistic, as the weather can always change and so will the lighting.

Composition and Coloring
The figures are pretty much centered in the middle of a frame.
Different characters bring attention to the viewer as they're trying to guess their role. The picture represents the scene in the middle of green field with bright grey sky in the back, which tells us that it's morning. The camouflage clothes, go with the green field.
Another piece of his work that I liked comes form an album 'Make My Night'

Lighting
Again, the lighting in this photo has to be done carefully to make it look perfect and real. The man right at the front of the picture eating kebab is what we're looking at yet he's out of focus but the figures being him are not.

Composition & Theme
They're all over the place having some fun.


Inspiration
I like the idea of out of focus close up picture.

Coloring
The colors here are pretty dark except the places that the flash touches.  

Combine those two pictures together and I have an idea and rough image of what my picture is going to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment